The Chemex is an iconic pour over brewer and is one of the best options when making coffee for more than one person. This Chemex pour over recipe comes from Tyler Hagan of Commonly Coffee. The brew features a traditional bloom and then three identical pours in the middle to reach the total brew volume.
Group Chemex Pour Over Brew Recipe
- Chemex brewer
- Chemex paper filters
- 28 grams coffee ground medium coarseness
- 448 grams 208°F (97°C) water
- Bloom coffee for 30 seconds with 100 grams of water & agitate grounds in a circular motion with a brew stick
- Over the corse of three minutes, pour three identical 100 gram pours in a slow circular motion & allow coffee to partially draw down each time
- At 3:30, slowly pour the final 48 grams of water and allow water to fully draw down
- At 4:15 pour over should be complete. Swirl and aerate coffee in the Chemex.
- This recipe can easily be scaled up for a larger brew size
- This recipe is intended for the 6-cup Chemex, but could be made in the 4-cup or 8-cup versions.
Prefer a more visual version of the brew recipe?
I created infographics of each recipe, which you can see below. You can also find it on Instagram here.