This AeroPress recipe is curtesy of Wendelien van Bunnik, someone who lives and breathes the AeroPress. Wendelien is the World AeroPress Champion from 2019, the Dutch Barista Champion from 2019, and the Dutch AeroPress Champion from 2019. She graciously shared her 2019 World Championship winning recipe to share.
AeroPress World Champion Recipe
- AeroPress Coffee maker
- AeroPress filters
- 30 grams coarsely ground coffee
- 200 grams 198°F (92°C) water divided
- Prepare AeroPress for inverted brewing & add coffee grounds
- Pour 100g of 198°F (92°C) water over grounds
- Stir 20 times. Put the filter cap with rinsed filter on the brewer & gently press out excess air
- At around 40 seconds, flip the AeroPress & press all the way down
- Add ~100g of hot water to dilute the coffee concentrate
- This recipe works with any type of coffee, but its intended to emphasize acidity and sweetness
- In regards to coarseness, on a scale from 1-10, it would be a 7
- For the competition, she used Spa Blauw with ppm of 30 for the water
Prefer a more visual version of the brew recipe?
I created infographics of each recipe, which you can see below. You can also find it on Instagram here.