The Hario v60 is one of the most iconic our over brewers available. While you’ll see some wild and crazy recipes out there, sometimes it’s good to stick to something simple. This v60 recipe is from Josh Cook of @brewcoffeebetter is simple, yet extremely flexible. Beginners can feel comfortable using it and more advanced coffee drinkers can use it as a foundation to experiment with. It is a great, straightforward recipe that produces a really delicious cup of coffee. It can easily be tweaked as needed based on your preferences and the coffee you are using.
Simple Hario v60 Pour Over Recipe
- Hario v60 coffee dripper
- Hario v60 paper filters
- 20 grams coffee ground medium fine
- 320 grams 210°F (99°C) water
- Pre-wet/preheat filter/brewer & create nest/divot in the grounds
- Bloom coffee with 60 grams of water & swirl to saturate
- At 0:45, begin a slow steady pour working your way from the center to the outside of the slurry by pouring a spiral pattern in & out. Continue with a single pour until you reach 320 grams (+260 grams)
- At 1:50 gently swirl the slurry
- Allow coffee to drain through. Total brew time should be between 3:15 and 3:30.
Prefer a more visual version of the brew recipe?
I created infographics of each recipe, which you can see below. You can also find it on Instagram here.