The Origami Dripper is one of the most beautiful pour over brewers on the market. It doesn’t only look great though—it has the potential to make an excellent cup of coffee. This Origami pour over recipe comes from Alexander Mills. Alex has one of the most helpful coffee Instagram accounts that always features down to earth, incredibly helpful and approachable coffee tips. The Origami is a great brewer because it allows you to brew smaller doses. This small, 12.5 gram recipe is great because it’s repeatable and scaleable. One bloom followed by one pour is about as simple as it gets, and if you want to brew more volume then you can easily scale the recipe using a 1:16 ratio (keeping the bloom and single pour).
Origami Dripper Pour Over Recipe
- Origami pour over dripper
- Kalita Coffee filters
- 12.5 grams coffee ground medium fine to fine
- 200 grams 210°F (99°C) water
- Grind coffee, pre-rinse filter and add coffee to filter
- Bloom coffee with 40 grams of water and agitate with a few gentle swirls of the dripper
- At 0:40 pour the rest of the water (160 grams) in slow, concentric circles up to the target weight, finishing with your last pour around the outside of the filter. Gently swirl the brewer one more time.
- Allow the water to draw down. The total brew time should be around 2 minutes.
Prefer a more visual version of the brew recipe?
I created infographics of each recipe, which you can see below. You can also find it on Instagram here.