This AeroPress recipe is shared by Josh (aka @specialtycoffeeguy). It’s an inverted recipe that is perfect for those extra few grams of coffee you have at the bottom of a bag and aren’t sure what to do with or when you need a quick hit in the afternoon, but don’t want to make a full cup. It is incredibly simple and fast to brew and creates a more pour over style cup of coffee (vs. some AeroPress recipes, which are more espresso-like).
Inverted AeroPress Mini Brew Recipe
An incredibly simple and fast AeroPress recipe perfect for those last few grams of beans at the bottom of your coffee bag.
- AeroPress filters
- 8 grams coffee ground medium fine
- 120 mL 195°F (90°C) water
- Invert AeroPress and add ground coffee
- Add 120 grams of 195°F (90°C) water and mix 10 times
- Wait 1 minute and 30 seconds
- At 1:30, add cap with filter to the AeroPress, flip the AeroPress and slowly plunge all of water over the course of 30 seconds
- This recipe can easily be scaled up if you want to make a larger dose
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Prefer a more visual version of the brew recipe?
I created infographics of each recipe, which you can see below. You can also find it on Instagram here.