If you’re into cocktails, you have to follow @ed_tales on Instagram. His account is full of beautiful cocktail photography and amazing recipes. This coffee-themed recipe features both coffee liqueur and dalgona foam and is a real treat.
The cocktail is a mix between an espresso martini and an old fashioned and is the perfect choice for when you’re feeling indecisive. It uses potato vodka, which adds a lovely creamy mouthfeel and coffee liqueur, which adds a lovely coffee sweetness. The drink is topped with Dalgona foam and a coffee bean garnish, which adds a decadent finish to an already luxurious drink.
Dalgona coffee foam is incredibly easy to make. It is equal parts instant coffee, sugar and water. Whisk or blend the ingredients together until the mixture is a nice foam texture.
Espresso Martini x Old Fashioned Recipe
- 50 mL Edwards 1902 English potato vodka
- 35 mL Edwards 1902 Cold Brew Guatemalan Coffee Liqueur
- 15 mL spiced syrup cinnamon, vanilla, clove, allspice berry
- 3 dashes chocolate bitters
- dalgona foam see note
- Add vodka, coffee liqueur, spiced syrup and chocolate bitters in a glass.
- Add ice and stir to combine.
- Add ice cube to serving glass and pour in drink.
- Gently top drink with Dalgona foam.
- Garnish with a coffee bean.
This recipe was used with permission by @ed_tales. You can view the original recipe on his Instagram page.