Brew Guide | December 11, 2023
Arcade Coffee Roasters
Multiple Smallholder Farms
Just a bit coarser than pour over
- Pre-wet filter in Pulsar base and close valve.
- Assemble Pulsar and add coffee. Use WDT tool to go through coffee grounds to break up any clumps.
- Add pour screen to top of Pulsar and bloom coffee with 60g of water.
- Remove pour screen and do a wet WDT while grounds are blooming.
- Open valve at base and slowly pour remaining 280g of water in pulses, never allowing water level to go above the “200” line.
- Allow coffee to fully drain and then close valve.
If you do not have a Pulsar brewer, here our recommendation for the Hario v60:
- Bloom coffee with 60g of water in a circular pattern. Keep the kettle off heat to slowly lower the temperature.
- Between 0:45-1:15, slowly pour 130g in a circular pattern, gently swirl.
- Between 1:45-2:15 (or when water level is right about the brew bed), slowly pour 130g in a circular pattern.
- Allow drawdown. Final brew time should be between 3:00-3:30.