I have been loving my AMPATO kettle and pour over set these past few weeks. Elegant simplicity is the phrase I’ve used when describing it to some friends recently. The design of both the pour over set and kettle are both fairly minimal, but so well designed.
The AMPATO Gooseneck Kettle
The AMPATO Gooseneck kettle has a built in thermometer on the lid and a 36 fluid ounce capacity. Some of my favorite things with the kettle as I have used it over the past few weeks are:
- Handle angle: The handle shoots off the kettle at an angle slightly unlike any kettle I have used before. Most are more perpendicular to the ground, but the AMPATO kettle is almost a 90 degree angle. I wasn’t sure how I would like the feel of pouring with it, but it actually works great. The balance of the kettle is perfect and it was easy to handle and control the flow of water.
- Pour spout: The pour spout tapers back to almost a 90 degree angle at the end. That angle and the way it is cut gives you incredible precision when pouring the water over your grounds. I have been incredibly impressed with the level of fidelity I have had when pouring with the kettle.
- Size: While it feels incredibly compact and I was initially afraid the capacity wouldn’t be enough for my morning coffee routine, the 36 fluid ounce (~1 liter) capacity is perfect.
- Wood handle: The kettle overall is beautiful, but the wood handle is really the accent element I love most. It’s made with sustainable wood and it’s contrast against the black kettle reminds me of the black and walnut Stagg EKG Electric Kettle from Fellow.
Try out the AMPATO Gooseneck Kettle
The AMPATO Pour Over Brewer Set “ULPU”
The AMPATO Pour Over set includes a 2-cup glass carafe and stainless steel mesh filter. Some of my favorite things I have found while brewing with the pour over set over the past few weeks include:
- Quality materials: The carafe is 100% borosilicate glass and has the feeling of being quite durable (while always being a bit more fragile as glass). I love the sturdiness of the handle and how it feels to pour from it. The metal filter has a beautiful pattern on it and is made of stainless steel.
- Small size: The carafe is only 2 cups, which I initially thought was a bit small. It is just barely big enough for my morning brew, but has become a favorite brewer for my smaller afternoon cup. I’ve found it works best for brews between 18-24 grams of coffee.
- Clean cup for paperless brew: While some paperless brew options leave the cup with lots of sediment, I found the stainless steel filter from the AMPATO pour over set to create one of the cleanest paperless brews I’ve had.
Try out the AMPATO Pour Over Brewer Set
The AMPATO lineup is an impressive one and I’ve loved brewing with their gooseneck kettle and pour over set. I think these two AMPATO products would be great for someone who:
- Has limited kitchen space: Given the beauty of each of these products, you’ll be proud to leave either or both on your kitchen counter/stove. They are also very compact, so they will more easily fit into cabinets than other brewer equipment.
- Enjoys smaller brews: The 2-cup brewer is a bit smaller than many other brewers, so it is a perfect option for someone who usually enjoys brews that are under 24 grams.
- Has a budget for higher quality materials: The AMPATO products are definitely not the cheapest you’ll find, but are made of some of the highest materials (stainless steel, sustainable wood, borosilicate glass) that not only look great, but are sure to last the test of time.